Saturday 30 October 2010

Saturday, wet 'n' windy!!!

Today I had an appointment at the Gilbert Bain Hospital in Lerwick. Sounds strange on a Saturday but there you are, I suppose they must have been busy. I got down by bus, on time, saw the doctor and then did the necessary - I went to the Harbour Cafe for an all-day breakfast, marvellous, I loved it, made the trip worthwhile.

Caught the 1400 bus home but the problem is that it stops in Brae, approximately twelve miles from home. If I'd waited until the 1710 bus I would have been taken all the way but....... "Oh well" I thought, "time to start walking!!!", but after maybe half a mile a car pulled in beside me and offered me a lift. Sorted, home in fifteen minutes, brilliant. What more could I ask for? Didn't have to walk very far in the wind and rain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment