Wednesday 22 February 2012

I didn't quite finish the jumper

Yesterday, I didn't quite finish the jumper. It wasn't lack of effort, I put in a lot of time - at least, oh, twenty, twenty-five minutes but it wasn't finished.

I blame the wool. It was too thin. Thin and awkward and spiteful too. Not only that but it was the wrong colour, how was I supposed to finish the job when it was the wrong colour.

I'm going to sit back with a cup of coffee and suss out just what to do next, that's what I'm going to do.

It's not that long ago that a lot of men used to knit, especially up here in Shetland so I'm going back in time and I will learn how to knit, firstly because I see it as a very historic skill to have and secondly, a very rewarding skill. It provides you with all the clothing, covers, whatever, in the colour that you like and if I do it for myself there's a good chance that it might fit.

Nothing is guaranteed right enough, but I can only try.

I just hope the sheep carry on providing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment