Saturday 5 May 2012

Ronas Hill and the Voe

All day the weather has been changing, one minute it has been beautiful sunshine and the next the snow has been pouring down. Luckily, it has refused to lie and has blown away instead, unless of course you lived at the top of Ronas Hill, the highest point here in Shetland at 455m.

I'm standing just outside my house and I took the photo because the snow was still up there on the top of the hill. No doubt it will be gone in a few minutes, along with the sunshine.


It always surprises me to think that in between me and the hill there is the voe. It's about three or four miles away from me so it isn't that far away but the beauty in it is immense.

Just think, at the end of the voe lies the Atlantic Ocean, just waiting to take you to America or Canada, or Iceland if you fancy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment