Tuesday 4 September 2012

Strawberry, garlic and mint.

I always like to use my garden to provide some of my favourites but up here in Shetland I'm never sure of what will actually grow but I'm about to find out.

I've just ordered seeds to start me off (hopefully) with mint, garlic and something that I really am looking forward to growing, strawberry.

I think that I've ordered enough of all but we'll have to wait and see there. If I haven't then I'll just have to order more. I know that mint was successful here in Shetland because my grandfather on my mothers side grew it very successfully but I know nothing of the other two, other than the fact that I love them.

All of it should arrive within a week to ten days and I think that I'll get it all planted immediately. It won't produce this year but next year, hopefully, it will sprout away and offer me something to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment