Wednesday 2 March 2011

Travelling on a Wednesday

On a Wednesday the bus service here in Hillswick is poor. There is a bus to town, leaving at seven thirty in the morning and a bus leaving town at ten past five in the afternoon to bring you home. Not up to much is it?

Today I had an appointment with the dentist at quarter to ten in the morning so got the bus to town which was fine. I got there at nine o'clock and wasted a bit of time before heading to the administrator of pain on Burgh Road, Lerwick. I was only in for a few minutes and when I came out I went to the Harbour Cafe for breakfast before I caught the bus up to Brae. Before the ten past five bus on a Wednesday it's the best available, that's why I took it.

Walking out of Brae with my thumb out I got a lift all the way home which was great. I couldn't believe that I got a lift so quickly and the chap took me almost to my door, thanks mate, I owe you one.

But you have to admit that it's a pretty poor service here in Hillswick where, all too often you have to do what I did, namely, get the thumb out. I have on a number of occasions had to walk the whole way.

Our MP, Alistair Carmichael has contacted the Shetland council to see what can be done about this. We'll wait and see what the council has to say about it.

Don't stay quiet about it though. The more people that stand up and shout, the quicker there will be action by the council that will benefit us - so remember and shout out loud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment