Sunday 27 February 2011

Oh Gawd, age is going to hit!!!

Between now and August I'm going to slowly but surely realise just how old I am. I was asked last night if I'd like to join in with a 10km run and while not thinking sensibly, like the fact that I'm forty-nine and never do anything more physical than get up in the morning, I said yes.

Having said yes I now feel that there is no way out. No problem with the person that invited me, actually getting the invite is really nice but now I've got to get fit and able and it scares the s**t out of me. Never done a moments exercise in my life, oh well, I said yes so I guess that I've got to wear it.

So I started the exercises this morning, slow easy-going stuff. I walked three or four miles to the Braewick cafe, looking forward to a cup of coffee and a bun when I got there. When I did I found that it opens next month. Great, I turned around and walked home. The time spent out in the fresh air did me no harm and I'm sure the legs will get better - sometime.

I certainly learnt one thing though. I am not as fit as I kept telling myself. No here near at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment