Thursday 7 June 2012

The Olympic torch vs The Shetland prostitute

Believe it or not, I’ve just found out that the Olympic Torch is here in Shetland on Sunday. I don’t know how it’s getting here, it’ll be either by airoplane or, if the weather is poorly, it’ll come by rowing boat. The last stage will be from the Fair Isle so it’s not too much of a paddle if the wind is in the right direction. If they get here in time then the fun can start immediately and there’s plenty of it to be had, or so I understand.

No doubt there will be at least a couple of flocks there and ready for action but I don’t think that there will be anywhere as many as that on a rowing boat so there will certainly be more than enough to go around.

I’ve just had a last thought. By the time they jump back into the boat to paddle off to their next destination they’ll be well knackered!!!

I hope it's a nice, warm, sunny day and that everyone enjoys themselves and that the sheep have been shorn recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment