Thursday 19 April 2012

Crivens

Jings crivens, if the wife had seen so many birds smiling in the back garden before she left, she'd have given me a bloody good slap in the face and legged it up the street - with me waving and shouting "Goodbye now, remember and write!!!" The birds love the food that's out for them so now I can tell everyone that I can cook after all ;))

It's a beautiful morning today, the sun is beaming in a nice blue sky and there's hardly a breeze blowing at all this morning. Fingers crossed that it won't change for a month or three.

And I've just spotted that the birds are not too sure of me yet. They fly up to the feeder but if I'm sitting here then they turn and fly off again. Hopefully, it won't take them too long to get used to me. The wife was quick enough.

It's Robin's and sparrow's that have been around, lovely and fit and I believe that the Robin's used to be considered to be part of the Thrush family, but that has changed now. They are now considered to be Old World flycatchers. Why the change, I've no idea, maybe it's because of the time that they spend in my back garden :))

No comments:

Post a Comment