Monday 16 April 2012

What a surprise

What a huge surprise. What a huge, massive surprise. Since I raised my head this morning it snowed until about ten-thirty and I wasn't going out to plant trees in that weather. True, it wasn't lying but the snow was falling continually throughout.

Then the snow stopped falling, so I immediately put my jumper on and went out to put the trees into the garden. There was no wind, it was totally still and it was mild, so mild that the jumper that I had put on inside I promptly took off outside. How strange ;))

Anyway, I've got the trees planted and watered and must remember to water them daily. I lost last years trees and I'm blaming myself for that. I truly believe that I made too little effort. I basically dug small holes, stuck them in, watered them a couple of times and did no more.

This year will be a little different. For a start, I'll water them every day regardless of the weather. If it's pouring down with rain and blowing a horrendous gale then I'll be out there, watering the trees. After all, they're like you and me, they need a little care taken, it's not a lot for them to ask for, is it and the pleasure that I'll get from them will be worth it a million times over

So please, don't let me forget, they have to be cared for every day, regardless of what else is going on in my life :))  

No comments:

Post a Comment