Saturday 31 March 2012

Remember those trees

Remember those trees that I was talking about yesterday?

Well, they didn't turn up on the last bus yesterday. Probably had a bit of a night on the town before they turn themselves in tonight. Olaf, of Plantiecrub has dug the the Austrian Pines up and is dropping them off at the bus station today so that Jenny, the best bus driver in Shetland, can ensure that she gets them here tonight at the back of six. I'll have an early dinner myself so that I'm ready for them.

There is, of course, possibly a bit of a problem ahead. It's pouring down with snow at the moment, with the sun just peeking in now and again, so I'm a bit unsure just what to do with my mini-forest. I'll check up on that before I know how to get it wrong. They'll all tell you that it's guaranteed, I never get it right.

Ach, I shouldn't get so paranoid, if it's still snowing when they get here then I can always put them in a pot with some peat and let them settle until the Autumn comes in.

Then I'll have no excuse not to plant them in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment