Saturday 31 March 2012

At the back of six, as expected!!!

The Austrian Pine arrived at the back of six, as expected. I'd eaten before they arrived so was  ready for action, right on time.

I was pleased with the trees that turned up, nice healthy looking wee things. I certainly hope that they are more successful than the Scots Pine that I planted last year - and then spent the next eight or nine months watching them gasping for breath and keeling over. I never decided whether to cremate them or turn them into their own coffins, they're on the other side of the fence, waiting and turning into peat while I make up my mind.

At the front door are another pair of pine to make up for the pair that lived the longest. I moved them into the back garden a while ago as they were gasping for breath too. One of them has possibly improved a little but you know what always happens, they smile before they die.

Hopefully, the sun will be out, at least for a while tomorrow so that I can take thousand upon thousand of snapshots of tonights work and flood the internet with them so everyone will understand why I no longer charge tu'pence an hour to do the gardening for them as they stretch out in the sun with a great big cocktail in one hand and a cigar that ensures an early, painful death in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment